|South Laurel fans rush the court after win over Corbin. Photo: @brad0115|
- David Kapinga led Pulaski Southwestern to a 77-76 win over West Jessamine. Kapinga finished with 19 points and 9 assists as the Warriors improved to 16-5. Daulton Peters finished with 28 points and the Colts dropped to 13-7.
- South Laurel upset Corbin last night as Austin Shaser hit a shot with 1.8 seconds left in double overtime for the 77-75 win. Blake Sanders led the Cardinals with 20 points. The Redhounds dropped to 15-6 and South Laurel improved to 8-11.
- Holmes stayed perfect on the season with a 68-47 win over Ryle. The Bulldogs are 21-0 on the season. They try to keep their record unscathed Friday night at home vs. Beechwood.
- Cordia upended Letcher County Central 75-62 behind 15 points and 9 assists from Emmanuel Owootoah. The Lions' big man Dondre Warren finished with 17 points and 13 rebounds. Morehead State's Sean Woods(pictured right) and a Florida State assistant coach were in attendance to watch Owootoah.
- Lafayette sophomore Jackson Davis received a call from DePaul assistant coach Brian Ellerbe last night. According to Davis' father Jonathan, they spoke for about a hour and thinks there is a very good possibility of an offer coming soon.
- Perry Central sophomore Braxton Beverly joined the 1,000 point club last night in a win over Pineville last night. Also, he reportedly received an offer from Northern Kentucky and is receiving interest from Eastern Kentucky.
- Along with the attention he received at his game last night, Emmanuel Owootoah also received a phone call from North Carolina State yesterday during school. Also, I am sure you have heard, that Roderick Rhodes confirmed interest from Kentucky assistant coach Orlando Antigua.