Monday, December 31, 2012

Camron Justice Talks 62, the 14th Region, and His 2015 Decision



Knott County sophomore Camron Justice has been the talk of the state the last couple of days after he scored 62 points in a loss to Roger Bacon in the Republic Bank Classic this past weekend.

The great thing about his 62 points is he didn't couldn't believe he had that many.

"Honestly I had no idea I had that much," said Justice in a phone interview. "Before the game I thought to myself I had to get my team going coming off of a loss the night before and I just got going and my team wasn't scoring real well, and they(Roger Bacon) were scoring real well so I felt like I had to keep scoring to keep us in the game."

The 2015 recruit definitely kept the Patriots in the game, hitting 8 of 11 from behind the arc.

Camron Justice plays in the 53rd district in the 14th region and are thought by many to be the favorite to defend their regional crown. The first step is to win the #1 seed for the district tournament and the Patriots play Letcher Central in Hindman this Thursday in a huge district matchup.

"It's a real tough region and there are 4 teams that really compete every year," said Justice. "This is going to be a big game with Letcher Central and it will let us know where we will be in the district."

On a statewide level, the 15 year old thinks his Knott County Patriots have a great shot to win it all if they get out of the tough 14th.

"No doubt in my mind, I think we have a great opportunity to win a state championship."

Even though it is early, Camron Justice has been able to check out a couple of colleges and spoke to some coaches.

Justice named , "Tennessee, UAB, Eastern Kentucky, Western Kentucky, Butler, and I heard from Louisville the other day, and a couple more that I can't name off the top of my head right now."

Camron Justice is one of the brightest young players in the state of Kentucky and if you get a chance to watch him play in the next three years, you just might see another incredible performance like he had this past weekend.







No comments:

Post a Comment